Pages

Followers

Chalkdust and Pushpins

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Simple Decorating

This post is not about crafting but about simple ways I like to decorate the house for the holidays.

I found this idea on Pinterest.  We get a ton of cards and like to display them.  I was getting annoyed with the scotch tape on the stairs and the cards always fell which caused even more frustration. Off to Michaels I went to buy thick gingham fabric and mini clothespins to create a simple card display.  Just attatch the ribbon inside your cabinet with tape, hang the cards with clothespins and there you go! 


Another idea from Pinterest (do you see a pattern?)  Hang ornaments from a curtain rod using fishing wire.  I have received many compliments on this idea.
Do you have extra ornaments hanging around?  If so, put them in a glass jar for an elegant decoration.

2 comments:

  1. I love the ornaments hanging off the curtain rod idea. I may have to buy extra ornaments just to try that out! I completely understand the Christmas card tape dilemma, as I still have tape on one of the door frames from a few years ago, the clothespins are a cute idea! Amazing you have time for this, I am impressed and inspired! Great job!

    ReplyDelete