Pages

Followers

Chalkdust and Pushpins

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Candy Cane Chocolate-Covered Pretzels

I wanted to make a gift for Mike's staff and my family who will be joining us on Christmas Eve.  I was interested in making a yummy treat that would look great packaged.  I am obsessed with the Trader Joe's Peppermint Pretzel Slims.  I decided to make my own version to give as Christmas treats.

Ingredients:
24 oz. white or semi-sweet chocolate chips
pretzels ( I used mini but pretzel thins or rods would work well too)
A package of candy canes crushed

Step One:  Melt the chips using a double boiler.

Step Two: Dip the pretzels into the chocolate.  Place the pretzels onto wax paper, then sprinkle with the candy canes.

Step Three:  Put the pretzels in the fridge to set



Step four: put them in holiday packaging.  Hope your friends enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment