Pages

Followers

Chalkdust and Pushpins

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Candy Cane Playdoh

I decided to make Nolan's friends a little treat for the holidays.  Another great find on pinterest! I thought candy cane playdoh was a great idea.  I did change one thing only...no glitter!  I have a real issue with glitter. I hate when it gets all over the place and I just find it to be a pain, but if you wish you can add glitter into the batches. 

Ingredients:
5c. flour
5c. water
2.5 c. salt
3 tablespoons of cream of tartar
10 tablespoons of vegetable oil
red food coloring
a few drops of peppermint essential oil

Note: Split all ingredients in half and follow directions for a batch of white dough, then repeat with remaining ingredients and add red food coloring. 

Step One:  Mix water, salt and cream of tartar.  Cook on low heat, stirring regularly.  

Step Two: Add oil, then flour.  Stir over low heat.  The playdoh is done when it pulls away from the pan and is no longer sticky. 

Step Three: Dump dough on counter, let cool a bit, then knead.


Step Four: Add peppermint essential oil to the batches of dough.  I added about 10 drops per batch.  Add the red food coloring to the second batch. 
Step Five:  Roll the dough and intertwine the two batches together, making a candy cane pattern. 
Step Six: Cut the dough and place in mason jars.  I also added a candy cande cookie cutter onto each jar with a label.
The Final Product:  A batch of homemade candy cane playdoh for Nolan's friends to enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment