Pages

Followers

Chalkdust and Pushpins

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Homemade Valentines and Blizzard Activities

Star Wars
I saw the original pin on Pinterest and was excited to make Nolan homemade valentines for his friends.  Nolan is obsessed with Darth Vader...well the imperial march.  I think he would be petrified if he saw him in action.  I printed the file on light pink cardstock.  I found glow sticks at Michaels and poked them through to look like a light saber.  I hope his friends enjoy their valentines. 
Thumbbody Loves You:
I wanted to make valentines for our family.  It was very simple and fun.  I stamped Nolan's thumbprint and drew a face on it.  I was able to use my new heart cutter from Michaels.
Sending a hug:
Nolan's grandparents live in NC and I wanted to send them a unique valentine.  I measured Nolan's arm span with valentine ribbon.  I then traced his hands and attatched them to the ribbon.  I found a poem on Pinterest.

Toddler (Blizzard) Approved Activities:

One of Nolan's favorite books is "Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats.  It is part of our nightly reading.  We have watched the video several times as well.  I found this pin on Pinterest.  I laminated the sheet and gave Nolan a dry erase marker.  After listening to the story, Nolan traced Peter's many tracks.  This is a great motor skill activity.  He loved it.  I made a sheet for my goddaughter too.  I think she'll enjoy it.
We had a blast tracing numbers.  My friend Beth told me about these.  I found them on Amazon and Nolan loved them. 

The set also comes with shapes.  I gave Nolan a shape to circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment