Pages

Followers

Chalkdust and Pushpins

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Activity Bag

I love having days off from work and spending them with Nolan.  Today was a productive day around the house and running errands.  My husband tells me that I should relax when Nolan naps, but I have too much of my Mom in me and I need to do something.  Nolan is very excited for Halloween this year and he has now changed his nightly reading choices to Halloween themed books.  I decided to make him a felt pumpkin (thank you, Pinterest).  Nolan has been having a lot of fun with Mr. Potato Head as well, so this is my Halloween take on that toy.

All you need: few pieces of felt, velro, glue gun and scissors

Step One:  Cut out two pieces for the pumpkin and a stem.  Glue the pieces together. Glue the stem on one of those pieces. 

Step Two: Cut out a piece for the backpack and flap.  Glue gun the edges of the backpack and lid (Don't glue them shut!)  I then applied a piece of velcro to keep it closed. 

Step Three: Cut out different variations of eyes, noses and lips.  I made a total of sixteen pieces, including a mustache and a pirate patch.
This was a simple activity and I think Nolan will have a blast.  It is very portable for car rides and errands.  Looking forward to seeing his reaction when he wakes up (hopefully not for another hour)!


No comments:

Post a Comment